Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Latest Letter from Lesan, [formatted for blog]


Dear ALL (Especially Aunt Jerre!)

You must be very excited, I am! [Mostly timorous and exacerbated... yes excited]

I got the email with dates and times. EXCELLENT. For those who don't know here is our timeline:

Bob and Jerre [with Patrick, Marinell, Dez and Pat2] Arrive Friday about 2:30 and go to Beek D's Staybridge and then to Ruth Leslie's house

Q: Saturday the 22 Nov, visit and party? A: Attitude Adjustment Hour

Q: It is Desiree's birthday, yes? A: Nov 20th, yes before we arrive....

Q: Did I read she will be 17? A: Desiree will be 15

Q: That is the LAST place I would want to be on my birthday! A: Dez is incorruptible

Q: So the Darnell/Marinell side must decide what is best to do here for Desiree ....stay at my moms and I will make sure we have cake, hats, horns and balloons and some inexpensive but fun gifts to open OR you all take her out! A: Please no cakes or gifts... There is no budget for having a B-Day Party for the gurl... Dez will be left in a mall unsupervised, because she will spend the whole time at Hot Topic... easy to find in a crowd...

Q:
My family is very flexible this way. A: Just say the word and the Collettes will accommodate these two sisters. Collette's if anything are flexible... the rest of the family refers to you as the Willow Trees of of North Texas.

Q: In fact my Nina will be 27 on Nov 18 but we can't celebrate as a family until Thanksgiving!!! A: Now that is an occasion to CELEBRATE! Maybe a parade, or a chain letter.. I know: street hockey!

Q: So you all chat A: Almost never.... chat that is..

Q: and just let me know who will be at Ruths on Sat night for BBQ (if you all hate BBQ please tell me and we can get pizza) A: Preferences for Pat2 are chicken wing BBQ Pizza, and a side order of crawdads, black bean chowder, and some alligator tail gumbo. Old Pat can only eat a bowl of sucatash -- Dez and Marinell eat only Tofu..

Q: Sunday you all leave.........boo hoo. A: We can turn that frown into a smile.. no?

NEXT TOPIC -- You mentioned doing chores while here to help Ruth: Here is a potential list of things that need doing as Paul as been renovating the house for months and would appreciate help:
  • Aunt Jerre you can jack hammer some of the old tiles out of the hallway bath [check]
  • Uncle Robert you can hop on a ladder and scrape all the gum off the ceiling? [check]
  • Pat, Marinell & Pat II you can rip the old shingles off the roof while listening to RAP music? (even if it rains........) [check, and double check]
  • Desiree YOU are free as its your birthday BUT you can supervise! [check]
  • Becky and Alicia you can go into the attic and hunt for squirrel damage? We will arm you to do battle if necessary. We own a high powered squirrel shot gun that shoots NUTS! [check, and re-check, check]
I will talk to my mom today about when she would like to visit alone with Jerre............and where.

We could always come to my house Sat afternoon to leave them alone...

OR you all could take Desiree out

OR you all could go to Alicia's, Sylvia's or Becky's??????

I am just throwing stuff out there. The sad part is my mom might say today what she would prefer but forget by the time its here.

Love to all and let me know about anything we need to deal with.

Lesan

No comments: